075 – The Business of Public Cloud
Perception and use of the major public clouds has undergone a shift as it has become more of a baseline technology for companies. As Kelly Goolsby says, businesses have come to understand that it’s no longer about the “cool” stuff cloud can do for you, but meeting business requirements.
Goolsby, Director of Solution Architecture at Liquid Web, chats with ActualTech Media Partner James Green about the current state of the public cloud. They touch on multiple topics, including the feature escalation that the “big dogs” are engaging in, the importance of understanding workload needs in the cloud, and more.
Highlights of the show include:
- The changing nature of how businesses view the public cloud
- The “feature war” that the public cloud leaders are engaged in
- The potential drawbacks of the plethora of new features
- The continuing issue of disaster recovery
- The ongoing problem of security
Resource links from the show:
Liquid Web — https://www.liquidweb.com/
Liquid Web blog — https://www.liquidweb.com/blog/
Case studies — https://www.liquidweb.com/case-studies/
Hosting solutions — https://www.liquidweb.com/solutions/