063 – Complexity: The Enemy of Efficiency for Data Protection in the Multicloud World
More and more companies are going multicloud; that is, they’re not standardizing on one platform like Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure. They’re picking and choosing multiple providers in an a la carte fashion.
While this is a good thing, it also comes with big challenges. Perhaps the biggest of all is complexity. And when it comes to backing up data on those platforms, things can really get tricky.
HYCU VP of Products Subbiah Sundaram agrees, and chats with ActualTech Media Partner James Green about the issues arising from the trend toward multicloud usage. One of Sundaram’s main points is that backup should never feel like it’s bolted onto a platform; instead it should be integrated, a service provided by the platform.
They also discuss the importance of a single console to simplify management in a mutlicloud setting, and other related topics.
Highlights of the show include:
- Selecting tools that integrate with multi-cloud environments
- The importance of matching your tools with your cloud provider
- How to make sure the applications drive the infrastructure, and not the other way around
- The requirements you should have for every cloud platform you use
- Why users need a native experience for each platform, not a generic experience for all platforms
- The changing nature of Backup-as-a-Service
Resource links from the show:
HYCU — https://www.hycu.com/
Get a free trial of HYCU — https://www.hycu.com/free-trial/
Sign up for a HYCU demo — https://www.hycu.com/free-demo/
Google Cloud Summit round up – Why Automation, APIs and Built-in Apps Matter — https://www.hycu.com/blog/google-cloud-summit-round-up-why-automation-apis-and-built-in-apps-matter/